Thursday, September 3, 2009

Novels,Newsletters & Tweets!

Gosh !
The biggest task of writing a post lies in finding the right word to begin it. I wonder if its only me who faces this. Anyways...go ahead read,comment, or just add on your thoughts or much better criticize;~)
Its 11.40 pm now and am not sleepy as always. Since a week I am really finding it hard to put myself to sleep.....Nope its not insomnia...Its Anna Karenina..... I haven't yet finished it but I am so so so so in love with Leo Tolstoy and the book. Its truly unbelievable that a novel could be soooo touching..so Complete and so magical. Magical I say because with each word the author tends to get a hold on all your senses...everything around you is just completely transformed. Complete because there seems to be no place,no person,no situation or no thing less or more described. There is always one character at least in every novel that you identify yourself or somebody you know with but in Anna karenina..each character is so special..so well defined and so true. Be it Levin, Alexy, Vronsky, varenka, Katrina, Karenina or Stiva ...I find myself in common with each one of them be it for the circumstances they undergo or their attitudes and reactions....I truly admire Tolstoy for portraying these characters in a way that you will like them for all their goodness and shortcomings. And this just makes it easy for me to respect and like (myself) and everyone around me.
I guess few people have a charm that truly empowers them to cast a spell with their simple and strong words (spoken or written) that convey tons of emotions. Having said this..I need to mention Editor Bob [ http://nl.123greetings.com/blog ] and Karen Alloy [ http://twitter.com/KarenAlloy ], who top the list of 'make me feel good writers'.
Editor Bob- the guy of 123greetings.com, a misadventurist who writes for his blog and weekly newsletters. I wonder what his real name must be....but what ever I just admire him for his weekly newsletters that make my week complete and my inbox full. I knew I always liked him but a day ago going through my inbox, I was simply amazed to see that I haven't deleted any of his newsletter given the fact that I delete every mail that is read unless it is from him or Sru or something very important. Editor Bob, your newsletters truly rock my inbox..err heart! And coming to Karen Alloy. She is the one who makes the most cutest and funniest Videos on YouTube and twitters the best natural and ek-dum original tweets. Alloy the mother of three kids with a spirit so catchy no wonder has a large fan following including me.
Be it a novel of hundreds of pages or a short newsletter or the new age tweets ........its all in the immaculate expression of the 'words from the heart' that make it marvelous.
Love to Karen, Bob, Tolstoy and you.
Archana.

2 comments:

Karthik said...

This is my first visit to your blog and i am already patting my back for doing so. :-)
And girl, did you say Anna Karenina? That's around 900 pages, isn't it? Well, i haven't read it. But i admire your patience.. :-) Then again, it must be a great book. So happy reading!
And as you said, 'words from the heart,' well, your writing shows it. You used the same words on my blog, and it made my day. Now i think the admiration is mutual. :-)
Keep writing! And let me keep visiting! :-)

Anonymous said...

:~) Thankyou for visitng and all the appreciation!
I am on cloud 9 already!
Its not 900 pages its only about 780 pages lol and its such a nice book that you cant stop reading until you finish the last page.
And yeah you made my day too!!!
:~)