Monday, September 14, 2009

Dear Simbha...


Dear Simbha...
I hope you have safely reached heaven. Hope you have met Strippy and if you have already,tell him that he is loved and remembered back here. I hope both of you are having a great time together exploring your new home.I hope there are a lot many dirty ponds that are oxygen & worm rich and friends there who don't compete.

As you know I was eagerly awaiting for you all these days so your death came as a blow to me. Its sad that the destiny as always has been cruel to me, to take the little-cute-fishy-you away from me just as soon as we met. Yes, I am hurt and humiliated that you left me even when I cared and loved you so much. Just when I felt that you were reciprocating my feelings....Just when I started believing that I can actually love you as much as I did Strippy....Just when I was foolishly making you part of my life...part of my future.....YOU LEFT..... Your death came as a shock to me but I am angry with myself. I feel guilty too.

Did I overfeed you? Did I not change the water regulary? Did I not put the antifungal medicine? Did I not speak to you day in and night out to make you feel at home? Did I not make sure that the water was not too cold or too warm but just what you needed? Did I not low my TV volume so that you would be comfortable? Did I not plan to take you both to some pond nearby the next day to leave you in your natural habitat so that you could be ' happy and living' ? Did I not follow all the instructions I was given?

Okay! I am really sorry that I forgot to tell you a bye that day when I left in a hurry. But trust me you where in my thoughts all the time. And then when I came back home.......that evil afternoon what I see is that Simona is almost dieing and you were just doing great though you had that scar on your head...The same scar that Strippy had before it died. I was actually scared for you too but was more worried for Simona. I know you loved her too and were worried for her.

You know what Simbha? I had a terrible time that night. Yes,I was away from you the whole night....but I was too scared to come and have a look at Simona. I really din't want to see any of you dieing. I now wonder how it must have been for you. Were you in pain? What is it that killed you? Were you too worried for Simona? Was it really that I over fed you? Or was that scar a tumor? I will never know...but I am sorry if I have not taken enough care of you. But believe me you were the most beautiful gold fish ever with a shaded tail of white and gold...with the most amazing pouty fishy lips that I do never forget. Remember you will always be loved.

RIP,
Mourning Archana.



P.S. The pic above is of Simbha & Simona. The idea is not mine though...I just found a pic in google that was similar to the above and I just did the same with Simbh'a pic.


12 comments:

Being Mindful said...

I am so sorry for Simbha....I miss Stripy too..

angel from heaven said...

Simbha RIP. I hope you had a safe and comfy journey to heaven. Good post enjoyed the read!!!

S A J I T H said...

Interesting post!!
A very unique post i have seen in blogger!!
cool
cheers!

Saurabh Panshikar said...

Hey thats sad. may simbha RIP.
Why don't you get some other pet to help you get over it?

Anonymous said...

@ Sruthi
:~(

@Angel from Heaven
The words of an Angel sure are gonna come true.So I am now sure Simbha is in peace and comfort.Thanks for stopping by.

@Sajith Viswam
Thankyou so much!!!

@Saurabh Panshikar
:~( No I am not going to get another pet ...not in the near future.It took me 2 years to get Simbha after Strippy died.But now I feel guilty that I din't really take proper care of them.
Any pet other than a fish is a stirct NO-No at my home cause my Mom is allergic to dust and pet hair.
Thanks for you comment and concern!

Anonymous said...

Simona Died too yesterday,all of a sudden.I guess Goldfish are too delicate and don't survive for long in a bowl.
:~(I hope Simbha & SImona are united now.

Mural! said...

sorry to hear that
goldfish need bigger places than bowls.....i had them during my high school days, two very tough nuts.

Anyways, probably oxygenation might have been a problem

Anonymous said...

Yeah :( I guess they died of oxygen deficieny...I killed them :(

Mural! said...

just don't keep blaming yourself, probably you dint know

Hey I don't know, but do think about it.....
Even if they were alive, they would have lived in a small confined place.......some food for thought

Sorcerer said...

sorry to hear about this.
its sad..
The write up was good.
stumbled up on your blog.
liked your writeup..so following it

Anonymous said...

@Murali
Your words make me feel better...Thankyou so much for the concern :~)

@ Sorcerer
Feels gooooood to know that you liked my blog and are actually following it!!?!!
Needless to say..I feel glad that you liked it!

IIM ka Sarkari Babu said...

RIP...