Friday, December 25, 2009

B'cos Moms are special!

Hello all!

Has it ever happened that you procrastinated doing something till the very last moment that it was too late to do anything? Well, it did to me the day before yesterday. But luckily I didn’t mess it up much.

I know it sounds crazy but I got so lazy these days that my procrastination has affected my little grey cells to the extent of not thinking. :~D

'Since the day I was born', it always happens that the day after my b'day is my mom's b'day. I being the gal with loads of luv for surprises am invariably expected to be one that gives surprises too. But this time as I said my laziness got over me and all I could think of at the last moment was candle lite midnight cake-the 'old age formula that still rocks'.
A movie (tickets bought with my precious pocket money-now that’s something :~ P) next day was all I could do for her. Apart from a superficial scolding for what I did to those beaker-shaped glasses all went well for the day :~)

Moms are always special and there need not be a reason to do something to make her know how special she is.
Here are few things you we can do for the angel in our lives:

--->Flowers in the vase and a card with a message.
--->Cook the lunch/dinner for her. (If you are bad at it..PLZ don't. Read the next alternative.)
--->A pleasant dinner in her favorite restaurant.
--->Buy her favorite something that she always wanted but never bought. (Think!..there gotta be something for sure.)
--->A album with her photographs since childhood. (Everybody luvs this.)
---> A short video with all those happy-family-together moments.
--->A collection of her favorite movies or songs.
--->Find the contact info of her old friend or teacher who is no more in contact, about whom she sometimes talks about.

And which way is better than a hug & telling her what she means to you?!




P.S.  The above list could be endless and if you can think of something sweet. Please post it in the comment form .

10 comments:

nil said...

Hey! Followed your comment to here ;) Like your blog alot :) Really, followin' you for sure :P
Catch you around :)

Tavish Chadha(sensible-bakwas.com) said...

hey u know what my twin sisters's bday comes a day after my mom's bday... its really thrilling coz its celebrations 2 days in a row...

btw i see some lay out changes here.... damm good...

Crazy Blogger said...

cook for entire day. I mean all the three meals! and get her fav saaree. Thts what i am gonna do this time! . N yes happy b dayto ur MOM

Anonymous said...

Hey Nil!
Welcome! And Thankyou so much!!

Hai TAvish!!
Glas you noticed the change :) You got a twin sister!!! WOw that's nice!! Yeah its a long celebration!!

Hai Majari!

I considered cooking but by the time I woke up that day it got too late :~P I got my mom,her fav saree last time.
That's a sweet- cute plane you've got!
Thanks for the wishes :)

oRange* said...

awhiee, yes they are SUPER special :)

is yemiledu ur name?
can i call you yemiiii ..it sounds cute :D

Sorcerer said...

they are really special
and yeah..the new layout looks cool!!

Anonymous said...

HAi Orange :~)

Yemiledu is not my name! But you can sure call me yemiii..its sounds sweet when a cute gal lyk u is calling :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sorcy..

Thankssss!!!!

:-)

Karthik said...

A very cute write-up. Loved it.
And yeah, I totally agree with you. Moms are special of course. That list you've provided is great, and I'm quite happy I've done most of the things. :-)
By the way, your blog refreshing now. Nice template. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Karthik!
Thankyou for all the words. Great that you did most of the things. I got few still left to do.
Free templates are always nice lol

:~)