Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Blues


Happy Birthday to me and the Birthday Blues to everyone around me! lol
I always create so much hype and publicity about my birthday that officially comes once in a year and unofficially is celebrated on 22nd of every month. Since few days, caring friends and my dear family have been perplexed deciding what shall be my perfect birthday gift! And who else do you think they are asking for suggestions??
 YES! No guessing….Me.  :~D

So here goes my wish list to help them and may be you ? :~P

àI want a Nobel Prize. (For being truthfully committed to Procrastination.)
àA trip to Antarctica.   (And the most sophisticated Camera; I will dedicate de photos to anyone who sponsors de trip.)
àA full fledged Biotech lab dedicated to me. (I may look at it, faint and never wake up again...but still...)
àA permanent tattoo of My name on everyone's right wrist. (Did I mention it must be a colored one?)
à<a href=”http://www.animenation.com/fn-04220.html”>Shin Chan's DVD in English.</a> (Not a big deal.)
àAll the literary books available in English (only) (library? Nah! This is going to be for my personal collection.)

That’s it I guess for now! I don't ask much. :~P

Fun things apart, this birthday of mine is special to me for so many reasons. A few years ago, I had this poem in school about how a man feels on turning 21 years old. (Anyone remember the name of the poem??? ) Since then I always held a very special feeling and great expectations on how I do feel when I would turn 21. But the ups and downs I have seen this year of my life though was a roller coaster ride made me stronger. Rather more ignorant to the pessimism around, I guess. 

It's the end of being 21 years old is what I celebrate today. With a spirit to cherish all my dreams no matter how unconvincing they seem to many. (“Protect your dreams”,said Will Smith in the movieIn Pursuit of Happyness’.)

And the Perfect Birthday gift?
<http://stuffilearnttoday.blogspot.com/Saurabh (a fellow blogger and a dear bro), few days back wished me I do get love for my b'day this time ! Funny I thought . But a little of introspection and I realized 'love' is all that’s ever needed and I already have loads of it. 

Kind strangers (excluding those who forget to smile at me and only stare),
Supporting Friends, Caring classmates,
Genuinely affectionate far & close relatives,
Understanding cousins, sweetest grandparents,
A guiding benefactor (oye SAW listening?? Err reading??),
The most loving + understanding + friendly MOM n DAD,
A baby like Kali and a guiding-angel Akka!

I have the best of best any one could ever dream of :~) And what else would I want as a b’day gift!


Thanks for all the love and care everyone! You make feel more special then I can ever say!


                                         ****************************************** 


As I turn 22 years old, Srinivas Ramanjuan turns 122 years old. Happy birthday to us.


B'day Quote: BIRTHDAY BELIEF SYSTEMS Idealism: Happy Birthday. Capitalism: I shopped all day for your birthday. Atheism: I can't believe it's your birthday. Hinduism: Holy Cow! Is it your birthday? Taoism: It's everybody's birthday. Buddhism: If your birthday party was held in the forest and nobody came... would it make a sound? Existentialism: Your birthday means nothing to me. Sarcasm: You don't look half bad for someone twice your age.
-Author Unknown.

13 comments:

Eroteme said...

May you truly find the love you are looking for. :-)
Wishing you many happy returns of the day. I could help you with the books!

Karthik said...

Many many happy returns of the day, Archana. I Wish you loads of success and happiness. All the best! :)

oRange* said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
may u have a greaaat life ahead :)

Saurabh Panshikar said...

Happy Birthday Didi! Posting from office now... Will get back to you when I get home

Unknown said...

many many happy returns of the day :)
hmm.genius!!

-Sorcerer
www.evilsfury.blogspot.com

Maya said...

happy birthday robert

Priyanka. M. said...

Hee hee..
I enjoyed reading yo post!! Well, belated happy birthday dear!!

Quirky said...

Many many happy returnz of the day gal :)

Tavish Chadha(sensible-bakwas.com) said...

Hey Archana! A very very happy belated birthday to you. Hope you had loads of fun and hope you have loads of fun in the future too.

Cheers!
Tavish

Anonymous said...

@ Eroteme
Thankyou so much!! Books!! eh I would be GLAD :~)

@ KArthik
Thankyou so so much Karthik!

@ Orange
Thankyou so much dear! MAy we all have gr8 happy lives ahead :)

@ SAurabh
Thnakyou so very much Bro!

@ Sorcy
:~P Thankyouuuuu!

@ MAya
Thankyou!!! but Robert ??

@ PRiyanka
Happy You enjoyed it :~)Thankyou so much for the wishes.

@ Quirky
Thankyou cute eyes :~)

Ordinary Gal said...

It was nice to read ur post..
Belated Happy Birthday Dear :)
My wish will not be belated on ur next birthday ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Gal!

Thankyou so so much for the wishes :~)

Rohit Dassani said...

hey hope u had a very special bthday...happy belated bthday........ :)