Friday, October 23, 2009

I Still Love You

Right now I am somewhere in b/w being dozy and dizzy. But I have this I wanna write & write & write instinct today. I had these numerous things popping in my head, suffocating it and forcing my lil brain with its few functioning grey cells to find a way to let them out. So I thought I do make up some space there and fill the space here instead. So here goes one of the many stupid thoughts my head wants to free itself off...


I Still Love You
I sincerely wanted to get rid of....It has been 3 years + and a long time anyone would wanna stick to, in this upgrade-ever technology-driven world.

It's like you wanna swap the old for new no matter how used to or how good the old ones are. The newer ones are always exciting and trendy and always win over the older ones no matter what.

And there is nothing wrong in feeling so, Right?

So this is what I told myself not to feel guilty, for wanting to get rid of something I no longer wanted to associate with, no matter how important it was to me during all those critical phases of life.

Finding my excuses (a few I made up though) ample enough to file a petition to my parents for a new mobile, I felt good to dump the oldie ASAP. Fortunately my mobiles battery was acting strangely and that made things easiest for its dumping. As my dad (sweetest) felt my basic right to life was at stake he felt more urged than me to get a new one at once.

But sometimes luck plays in a great deal. All the shops were closed that day except one that seemed like an oasis to thirsty long distance travelers. Dad & me felt proud of finding our treasure to be bought (it’s not always that you find treasure you gotta buy it sometimes). We went hopping and gleaming to find that it was only a dried up oasis that only sold mobile accessories[recession effect eh ?]. Yippee my dad said and yuckieeeee I felt.

SO that’s how my mobile was given a new life again much out of my ill luck. 'Being environmental friendly is all about exploiting using all the resources available to the fullest extent and longest period possible', I told myself to soothe my broken ego.

I thought of the good old times we had together...like...
# it was with me when I met with my first accident,
# it was the first gift from my Sis who bought it with her hard earned GA $,
# it didn't complain when I forgot it in the freezer for a hour or two and later badly wanted to thaw it [but I didn't :~( ],
# it had a cute bonding with kali who by now knew so well to operate it,
# it connected me to many many many friends,
# it gave a 'I am with her don't you worry' kinda assurance to my mom each time I went out,
# it was my camera i was proud of when i had no digi cam,
# it was my radio,it was my reminder,it was my alarm,it was my calculator,it was my calendar,
# it was that piece of 'man made wonders' that connected me to somebody important miles away....

See, a little bit of introspect and your priority list changes.


"So, this is how I found I still loved my Nokia 3230"

Abh kahani mein aayega The Twist
Yesterday my mobile fell from my hands and this was probably the hundredth time or so. I assumed my mobile was immune to any falls by now but I was wrong. I felt bad just not because my investment of 650rs went waste but to lose something just after you realize their importance is like so humiliating.

And now comes The Miracle
I thought my mobile was dead after trying to switch it on in the numerous ways I know (cajoling, begging, beating & what not). Two days of despair and losing contact with the world and all hope lost I reapplied my petition but my dad couldn't give up so easily and he took my dead mobile to that dried up oasis. And miraculously it was in good state even before that mobile doctor man at the oasis did anything.

I guess my mobile was acting dead or may be felt unconscious or may be it had some inbuilt self recovery feature. I do believe the former.

Probably it likes me too and it did a little drama to show me" love can’t be easily lost".

And the Moral of The Story

"A little drama in every happy ending love story is Okay."

                                                                    *******
P.S.
--->I still want to write morrree. But I know how  dizzygusthinglee irritating it is to even look at such long posts.
---> If you though Nokia 3230 are extinct...You are mistaken.
---> IPhones and comments accepted.

11 comments:

Karthik said...

"It's not always you find treasure you gotta buy it sometimes." ha ha ha... lol.. nice one.. :P
And did you say you kept it in freezer?? That was brave.. :P
Very humourous post. Loved it! :-) Keep writing more. :-)

P.S. It was not lengthy at all.

Saurabh Panshikar said...

It is not at all irritating to read a long post, especially if so well written and formatted as the post above!

Maybe archana and 3230 is a match made in heaven! fevicol ka jod hai!

I have a friend who so loves 3230 that he sold his old 3230 and got a new one!

Meanwhile I'm still happy with my Rs. 1500/- ka cell of some dabba company whose name I can't even pronounce! HUAWEI

Maya said...

that was a cute little post, like the profile pic... i too find attachement to many objects, esp my bike, which has become a khatara, but somehow i still love it.. i dont feel like cheating it.. humans are evolving in ajeeb ways i guess

Anonymous said...

@Karthik
I actually forgot it in the freezer and later when I was looking for it to call someone,I could not find it. The funnier part is my sis[Kali] innocently told me that I kept it in freezer.If it wasn't for her,my mobile might had freezed to death that night.
:-) thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

Hey Saurabh

Thankyou..I was trying to make my blog palatable with formatting and all.
Hehe..mobile is a dear mobile no matter which model or manufacturer it belongs to lol.
Thanks for the comment!

Anonymous said...

Hai Uncommon Sense

First of all tell me how should i address you...feels awkward to call u by ur blog name...lol

Yeah trye people are evolving in ajeeb ways :~)
I thought I was the only one who felt attached to a few things...hehe thankgod iam not all alone.
May you always like you bike...and DO drive safely all the time.
Thanks for the comments.

Maya said...

archana

u can call me maya

Mural! said...

good to know that you prefer smaller posts!

hehe reminds me of the time that my laptop fell of the desk on the first day of my part-time job! gave me jitters for one whole day, before it decided to resume working again!! :)

mine was a big drama queen indeed that day :D

Anonymous said...

@ Murali
Nice to know that you had a similiar kind of experience.
I prefer smaller posts but I am incapable of writing short post though.

санжог said...

the mobile that works in mysterious ways.

It loves you a lot but don't marry it>
PEACE

Anonymous said...

At Sanjog!

I will try not to..but its kinda tempting.....