Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Unfair Talk

It has been quite a time since I heard her speak or must I say complain about how her life sucks & how tangled up she is in the mess that she deliberately chose for herself.

I obviously chose to stay far-far away from her as long as I could, as I was in no mood to hear the same old rotten stuff I've been listening to for ages. It's always easy to suggest a solution to a problem for someone who hopes to find one, but of what help can you be to someone who believes they know all the solutions to all the problems of their lives and yet are so-so-so unhappy. Your presence or no presence could be a pain to them. And hence I chose the one thing that apparently seemed easy-to ignore her. To ignore as if she never existed.

And now that she found herself ruthlessly once again thrown back into that same old truly hated, well known place of loneliness, I knew she would come back to me to be consoled, to be told that she was not all wrong after all. And even if she didn’t I could not ignore her for long.

Though I despised her for her foolishness to blindly follow what her heart said, deep down I Knew that it was what that kept us connected. I was her everything when she was something/nothing to everyone. But her silence for the past few days and nights was utterly horrifying. I wondered if she chose this medium of silence to tell me things I had no courage to understand.

Feeling sorry for her, who failed to understand herself like every one of us, I felt compelled to make her speak out before her silence said all those ugly truths again and again.
'Understanding Pain is after all not such a good idea, especially when you know not how to soothe it.'

Read Quote "a" in Post Script.

ME: Hey..I was wondering how hard it must've been for you...that..
She: That [an expressionless face so unlike her]
ME: That he finally said goodbye.
She: I knew it was going to happen eventually.
ME: [I know you are stupid] Are you still upset?
She: Yes
ME: But why? After all it was something expected.
She: Lose a friend, lose the one you love the most, lose the one you placed all your faith in you will know then.
Me: What went wrong?
She: Destiny
ME: [hiding my giggles...blame game again] What went right?
She: Destiny
ME: [You stupidestest] Grin what is love?
She: I don't know.
ME: Love is a fallacy.
She: Maybe {long pause] not
ME: Why maybe? You are supposed to have a single opinion.
She: I don't.
ME: You make me feel so insufficient. You are SUPPOSED to have a definitive opinion about any damn thing in this darned world you stupid dumbo.
She: Do you? (With a twinkle in her eyes)
ME: let’s just talk about YOU loser.
She: don't they both mean the same?
Me & She: [Silent]

 Read Quote "b" in Post Script.



P.S
1) I am no SPLIT PERSONALITY .....
2) Writing something stupid and posting it being the opposite of anonymous is not easy.
3) Anybody the antonym for Anonymous? ( is it 'named'? )
Quotes:    a) Many attempts to communicate are nullified by saying too much- Robert Greeleaf.
                b) Silence is the virtue of fools-Francis Bacon.
                c) Lying is done with words and also with silence-Adrienne Rich.

9 comments:

Karthik said...

Hey I was a bit intrigued. I even guessed it to be a split personality. But after reading the post scripts, I'm a bit confused. Didn't quite get the gist of it, esp. about anonymous thing. Please clarify. I'll come back and comment once again.

Anonymous said...

Hey Sorry to confuse you. This was just a part of random musings of my sensless mind and heart.

Saurabh Panshikar said...

hey that was a good read! It kept me gripped till the end.

I guess the opposite of anonymous is "nonymous"
lol :-)

Sorcerer said...

conscious?
errr... you are a genius..you speak in poetic words..!

Anonymous said...

@ Saurabh
Nonymous seems to fit in but doesnt seem to exist in the dictionary lol

@ Sorcerer
Yes,conscious.

Anonymous said...

@ Sorcerer again

Not all bloggers are geniuses and poetic word users,probably I belong to one such genre :~)

Mural! said...

Refreshing read!

Liked the initial description more than the dialogue that followed though!

"Many attempts to communicate are nullified by saying too much" -->>You are in the right direction girl! many people try to overdo themselves while even trying to put across a relatively simple point!

nice words here:: "Understanding Pain is after all not such a good idea, especially when you know not how to soothe it."!!

keep us happy by wiritng more... :)

Anonymous said...

@ Murali
I know this post isn't anywhwere near to common sense..but glad you liked a part of it:~)

Mural! said...

well common sense depends on the perception of "common"
anyways keep going :)